With the market softening and starting to favour buyers, Sellers will once again need to pay attention to condition of the home. When you’re in selling mode its wise to take care of the small details before going to market. Many home inspectors offer pre-sale inspections in order to assist home sellers repair or replace damaged or missing items. Check that:
- Window open and close with ease.
- Floors and stairs done squeak.
- Faucets are drip free.
- Toilets flush properly and don’t run.
- No chips or cracks in the bath tub or shower.
- Caulking around bath and shower is intact.
- Shower tiles are firmly affixed without any mould lines.
- Appliances are clean and working.
- Foundation cracks are repaired.
Home buyers choose a home inspection not just to look for defects but also because its an opportunity to learn more about the house operates.Correcting issues means the home inspection report isn’t likely to be full of “minor annoyances” that could distract a buyer. Making improvement before going to market will achieve more buyer interest…faster. Contact me for a walk through of your home or for a referral to an inspector in your area.